To The Union Minister of Human Resource Development
Govt. of India
The issue of JNU has not pacified yet and here begins another problem at NIT, Srinagar. We are immensely disturbed at the media reports of the recent turn of events at NIT. We at GIA have a few concerns and suggestions too which we would like to share with you:
- Campuses be made free of all kinds of anti-nationalist elements.
- Strict exemplary action against the perpetrators of outrages and violators of human rights against the pro-nationalist students be taken so that a strong message is shared across the country.
- In view of the lathi-charge on the tri-color hoisting students, we demand that students be made feel secure and safe so that the reputation of the Institute is maintained.
- The Expert Team of your Ministry has met the students and other stakeholders on ground zero and we suggest your Ministry works in coordination with the Union Home Ministry on this complex issue for a permanent solution.
- At present the NIT Campus is under the control of CRPF, the Centre governed force, and the nationalist students are feeling secure and safe. The state government should bee handled boldly so that nationalist students feel secure not only in this one campus but all the campuses in the State.
We as a group extend our full support to this national cause by appreciating, suggesting and cooperating on issues at our end.
Magazine: Indian Nationalism